Thursday, June 16, 2011

Don't you forget about me

Have you forgotten me? I haven't forgotten you.

The thought of blog posts has been weighing heavily on my head... This is why I hesitated publishing in the first place; once I know "people are watching", I get lost in my head and my inner critic takes over. My inner critic is not kind, though - I can acknowledge - not usually right. Still, it's so easy to ignore my goals that I started out with especially as Peanut gets older, more independent, and more assertive in the world.

I know what I need to do and it sounds so simple: JUST WRITE. I will try to not make it harder than it needs to be. That being said, part of what has held me back is my control freak nature that wants me to write about everything chronologically, when in reality I will never be able to accurately share my story that way. Not yet.

So I'm writing. Just writing. I can't promise what will come out. And for now, though I will not forget that I have supporters, I need to try and ignore you for a while so I can fool my Censor into thinking that s/he is very, very alone and unwanted.

CUE: Simple Minds "Don't You Forget About Me"

No comments:

Post a Comment